Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's official - we have a blog!

So, we finally got one. It's seems to be the new trend and is actually pretty handy for keeping up with friends and family. Plus, Thomas is working nights and I needed something to occupy my time!

Thomas is working for Marion County 911 Dispatch and is really loving it. It is very difficult to be hired by the county, and he has had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it. He is currently in his third month of training. There was one month of classroom training that was M-F 8-5. Then he went to phase 2 which was a 2 day on, 2 day off, 3 day on, 2 day off 12 hour day shift schedule. Now he is in phase 3 which is the same except 12 hour night shifts. It's been very difficult for me to get used to! I love having my husband next to me all night. Thankfully, Thomas is so good at his job that he is moving faster than any of the other new hires! He should be done with this phase in the next few days and move to days again! I'm so proud of him. He was only one of five that were hired out of over 300 applicants!

As for me, I am currently enjoying a week of no school until summer classes begin. I have Spanish II (ew!) and Capstone this semester. Then, in the fall, I have four classes and on December 19th is graduation! I'm proud to say that my current GPA is 3.94 (darn that only B). I was working for a salon and spa but the business closed. I've been looking for a job - AGAIN - but it's tough out there. Plus, I would like to do something that my degree and brain will actually be of use and not just work retail or answer phones. Thankfully, Thomas is so supportive of my education and has always encouraged me not to work until I finish. His turn is coming though - PTA school 2010!

Ok, I guess this is enough for my first post. I'll probably forget to ever update it again, but at least it kept me entertained for tonight!

Tiff

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogs! I'll just bug you to update so you can keep up (even though I'm terrible at updating my own). Plus, its nice to have another outlet to stock you on! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete