Friday, May 29, 2009

What's a good way to postpone Spanish homework?

Update your blog of course! So, I will use this time to share random nothings.

On Wednesday around lunchtime, Thomas and I came back home from running errands and were going to make a light lunch. We had planned on having a date night and didn't want to get too full. I opened a can of chicken so I could make chicken salad and sliced through my pinkie finger all the way to the bone. I also cut through an artery or something b/c blood was literally squirting out of my finger like a sprinkler. So, of course, I started freaking out. For the first time, I was really grateful for Thomas's paramedic training. He was so calm and sweet. He wrapped it in a towel, gave me a kiss on the head, and said let's go. Two hours at the ER, 10 shots, and 3 stitches later I was all fixed up. The nurse at the ER was also a real blessing. She was young and perky and really helped me get through the shots which were the worst part.

In other random news, I finally broke the 20 pound mark. I have now lost 21.6 lbs and almost two full sizes. I'm so happy!! I'm feeling more confident and healthier. I still have about 25 more pounds to lose to be back in the size I was when I met Thomas, but I'm almost there! Thomas has lost 35 lbs. I can tell he's lost weight but since I see him everyday it's not as shocking. When we run into people we haven't seen in a while, though, they are blown away. Apparently he looks like a whole different person... or like half his old person, lol.

This past weekend, we were at my dads and saw the second Night at the Museum movie and I have to be honest - it was a little disappointing. Most of the funny parts were in the previews so I had already seen them several times. Thomas, of course, laughed his little bum off. I'm looking forward to the new movie with the My Big Fat Greek Wedding lady though. Random, I know, but I warned you ahead of time.

I guess that's all the useless information I can squeeze out for now. I would post a picture of my poor little pinkie but I don't know how to do that. Fuera a estudiar espanol - Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Thats still sad to me to hear about your poor lil pinkie! OUCH! But i'm glad you got to keep your finger. I must admit, I also saw Night at the Museum and I loved it! I guess I am always pretty easily amused when it comes to movies so I never get too disappointed but I thought it was pretty funny. Its cool because we have an IMAX theater here that plays new releases so it was fun to watch it on the huge screen. Well... good luck with stalling! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete